We knew it wouldn’t be long before the cannabis industry started taking market share from the wine and spirits industry, and here to showcase that trend is Chip Forsythe, CEO of Rebel Coast Winery.
Founded in 2013, this California winery is making a major splash with its alcohol-removed, THC-infused wine - a beverage that offers a very different kind of buzz (and skips the hangover).
In this episode, Chip shares a behind-the-scenes look at the meticulous process involved in creating cannabis wine, Rebel Coast’s plans for the future, and his insights on where the cannabis beverage market is headed in the next few years.
Learn more at https://rebelcoast.com
- Chip’s background in wine and what led him to start Rebel Coast Winery
- How Rebel Coast’s cannabis wine compares to traditional wine in terms of taste, aroma, and calorie count
- The difficult process behind infusing wine with cannabis and how long it took Chip and his team to get it right
- Regulatory and logistical hoops Chip still has to jump through in order to keep Rebel Coast alive and kicking
- Difficulties in scaling the production of cannabis-infused wine and the ways in which Rebel Coast has worked to overcome them
- Chip’s work educating regulators and politicians so that the cannabis industry can continue to grow and become more diverse
- What’s on tap next for Rebel Coast Winery and where Chip sees the cannabis beverage market going over the next 3-5 years