Taxes, regulations, a thriving black market, and then COVID-19. How can cannabis retailers in California survive in this environment and serve their community?
Here to help answer these questions is Dennis O’Malley, CEO of Caliva.
Learn more at https://www.gocaliva.com
- Dennis’ background in cannabis and how he came to start Caliva
- An inside look at Caliva and how it compares to other cannabis dispensaries in California
- Why Dennis decided to end his partnership with Eaze and create his own delivery app for Caliva
- Pros and cons to using your own delivery app
- Why Dennis has partnered with Hypur to provide contactless payment options for customers
- How COVID-19 has impacted Caliva and where Dennis sees the company heading in the months ahead
- How cannabis consumer behavior has changed during COVID-19 including popular products and curbside pickup versus delivery
- Incentives and disincentives in the California marketplace that are making the black market three times bigger than the legal market
- Where Dennis sees cannabis heading in California and across the US in the next 3-5 years