With the recent global surge in industrial hemp, scientists are moving into the hemp and cannabis space to provide cultivators the technologies and best practices of other industries.
Helping lead the movement is Dr. Jon Vaught, CEO and founder of Front Range Biosciences, an agricultural biotechnology company that specializes in tissue culture cloning for cannabis and other high-value crops.
In this episode, Dr. Jon shares how Front Range Biosciences is revolutionizing cloning methods to not only produce robust, healthy plants but also create new varieties that could disrupt the dietary and pharmaceutical industries.
Learn more at https://www.frontrangebio.com
- A breakdown of Front Range Biosciences and the revolutionary biotechnology it’s bringing to the cannabis industry
- Dr. Jon’s background in biotechnology and what led him to start Front Range Biosciences
- The differences between cannabis and hemp
- A deep dive into Front Range Biosciences’ services, including its Clean Stock Nursery Program
- The ins and outs of tissue culture laboratories and the benefits they offer researchers and cultivators alike
- How to avoid common mistakes in cultivation, including exposing plants to disease
- Dr. Jon’s goals to create new plant varieties and cannabinoid profiles for the purposes of dietary supplements, nutraceutical products, and even pharmaceutical products
- Our current understanding of the cannabis genome and the exciting new discoveries Dr. Jon anticipates in the years to come