Just as we’re becoming comfortable with the massive changes in cannabis legalization there enters a disruptive new technology called “Cannabinoid Biosynthesis” that has prompted a lot of interest among industry insiders.
Here to tell us more about it is Jason Poulos of Librede, a synthetic biology company and leader in cannabinoid biosynthesis based in Southern California.
Learn more at https://www.librede.com
- Jason’s background in biology and how it led him into the cannabis space
- A deep dive into cannabinoid biosynthesis and how it’s disrupting the industry
- An inside look at Librede and how the company has taken the lead in cannabinoid biosynthesis
- The intricate work involved in designing a molecular drug that efficiently binds with its target
- Exciting new discoveries surrounding the potential of cannabinoids beyond CBD and THC
- The importance of CB1 and CB2 receptors and how they interact
- The relationship between synthetic cannabinoids and cannabinoids found in nature and how Jason believes that relationship will grow
- Ways in which we could misuse synthetic cannabinoids that we need to avoid
- Where Jason sees the cannabinoid biosynthesis business heading in the next 3-5 years and how it will affect the cannabis industry