Sun, 27 January 2019
WAYV is an automated, on-demand supply chain logistics platform serving California’s exploding Cannabis industry. The technology streamlines the traditional B2B process, including transport, sales, and payment through a one-stop website that integrates regulatory and compliance checks. WAYV serves as a transparent, efficient tracking and compliance platform that surpasses the fulfillment experience of non-cannabis markets in today’s on-demand world.
In this episode, WAYV founder and CEO Keith McCarty shares how WAYV is revolutionizing e-commerce in the industry to become the “Amazon of Cannabis.”
Learn more at https://www.wayv.com
Sun, 20 January 2019
Only a few months after leaving MillerCoors where he invented the company’s wildly popular Blue Moon brand, Keith Villa launched Ceria Brewing Company to embark on new territory: cannabis-infused non-alcoholic craft beer.
A spin on Blue Moon’s Belgian-style white ale, Keith’s new beer, “Grainwave,” is a medium-bodied ale with blood orange peel and 5mg of THC, the psychoactive component in cannabis.
In this episode, Keith shares the goings on at Ceria Brewing Company, the variety of “sensations” his new line of craft beers have to offer, and his insights on the booming edibles industry.
Learn more at https://www.ceriabrewing.com
Sun, 13 January 2019
A firefighter out of college, Cody Shirk’s expertise in finance is self-taught.
Today he’s a full-time investor and the founder of Explorer Equity Group (EEG), a global alternative asset manager that works to capitalize on investment opportunities off-the-beaten-path.
With investments in industry household names including Kush Bottles and Regulated Solutions, Cody’s latest non-mainstream investments lie in - you guessed it - cannabis.
In this episode, Cody shares his insights on the future of cannabis and advice for both entrepreneurs and investors looking to break into the industry.
Follow Cody at https://www.explorerequity.com/canna
- Cody’s background in investing and how he came to start Explorer Equity Group and Explorer Partnership
- Ongoing propaganda against cannabis and how the industry is working to improve public perception
- The cannabis businesses Cody has invested in thus far, including Kush Bottles and Regulated Solutions
- What Cody looks for when investing in cannabis businesses and his advice to startups seeking funding
- Cody’s outlook on startup investment and the price of cannabis over the next 1-2 years
- Asia and South America’s developing economies and the exciting investment opportunities within
- Cody’s tips on how entrepreneurs should go about approaching investors as well as ways investors can determine the best entrepreneurs to get behind
Sun, 6 January 2019
The cannabis industry is projected to hit $31 billion by 2021, and with its growing demand comes a desperate need for scalability.
Enter Jon Gowa, founder and CEO of Bloom Automation, LLC, a Boston-based company revolutionizing the way we harvest marijuana through robotics and automation.
Designed to “trim with the precision of a human, but the efficiency of a machine,” Bloom Automation’s robots use smart optics and proprietary algorithms to increase efficiency and cut production costs - an enticing proposition to the next generation of cultivation.
In this episode, Jon shares a little about the goings on at Bloom Automation and the importance of robotics to the future of cannabis.
- Jon’s background in robotics engineering and how he came to be founder and CEO of Bloom Automation, LLC
- The benefits of robotics and problems the industry is working to resolve
- The ins and outs of Bloom Automation and the technological solutions it provides the cannabis industry
- Price versus ROI and the increased production rates cannabis business owners and cultivators are witnessing thanks to Bloom Automation
- The 2-3 days of training required for new operators
- Challenges Jon is working to overcome during the company’s beta development phase
- Jon’s outlook on the future of robotics in the cannabis industry
To learn more, visit: https://www.bloomautomation.com